Schedule 2018 - 2019
The award winners for 2018 are:
- BEST FEATURE: A Sicilian Dream - Director: Phil Walsh, Writers: David Biggins (original idea), 2015, 1h 11min, UK - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5571350/
- BEST ROMANCE: Tendency to love (Tendenza all'amore) - Gerard John, 2017, 22:05, Australia - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5273646/
- BEST COMEDY: It's a Flawed Circle by Alessia Vegro, 1 HOUR 48 MINUTES 57 SECONDS - https://owtff.com/its-a-flawed-circle/
- BEST DOCUMENTARY: Brexit Barista - Adriana Falcinelli, 2017, 30:00, Regno Unito
- BEST STUDENT SHORT: Homebound - Roxanne Gaucherand, 2016, 23:44, Belgio
- BEST DRAMA: Blue Hollywood, Director: Francesco Gabriele, Runtime: 1 hour 22 minutes 18 seconds - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5588118/
- BEST SHORT COMEDY: Comrade Sebastian (Compagno Sebastian) - Martin Genovski, 2017, 12:22, Bulgaria - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8058920/
- BEST STUDENT: Dispersion (Dispersione) - Nikita Trocki, 2017, 17:50, Belgio
- BEST FAMILY SHORT: Three Men (Tre uomini) - Emil Emilsson, 2017, 11:47, Islanda
- BEST STORY BY Giovanni Mazzitelli: She was young with light eyes, directed by: Giovanni Mazzitelli, film run: 87' - http://www.filmitalia.org/p.aspx?t=film&l=en&did=107833
- BEST PSYCHOLOGICAL FILM: As it seems (Come sembra) - Nancy Menagh, 2016, 19:29, USA - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6178596/
- BEST ITALIAN FILM: Polis Nea - Pierluigi Ferrandini, 2017, 16:00, Italia - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8047938/
- BEST SHORT FANTASY: Ferruccio – Story of a (little) robot (Storia di un (piccolo) robot - Stefano De Felici, 2017, 6:30, Italia
- BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT: The Children’s Mayor (Il sindaco dei bambini) - Susan Koenen, 2017, 15:15, Paesi Bassi - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7556164/
- BEST FATHER-SON FILM: CALL FOR FUN, Director: Janak Toprani, 2h 6min - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7317342/
- BEST PROMOTIONAL FILM: Water (Acqua) - Jim Wilmer, 2017, 4:08, USA
- BEST NATURE FILM: Shinrin yoku (Bagno nella foresta) - Jim Wilmer, 2018, 6:05, USA
- BEST FILM ABOUT THE ROLE OF DANCER: The Body as Archive, Director: Michael Maurissens, 49min - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6348056/
- BEST CRIME FILM: 08 June ’76 (8 giugno '76) - Gianni Saponara, 2017, 16:31, Italia - https://www.facebook.com/08giugno76/
- BEST SHORT THRILLER: Till then (Fino ad allora) - Tara Brenninkmeyer, 2014, 20:26, USA
- BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Drawing Home, Director: Markus Rupprecht, 1h 52min - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089664/?ref_=ttawd_awd_tt
Gaspard must reach « Other Town » to win Agathe's heart back. Lacking confidence, he asks his sister Constance to drive him there. She accepts on one condition...
Film Type:Short, Student
Runtime:23 minutes 44 seconds
Calm, ambitious Raniero Tombaccini, a 46 year old barista, coffee importer and family man, living in the UK 23 years, continues to build his business against the backdrop of Brexit. Because of the recent Brexit decision, Tomba feels like an outsider for the first time since he arrived in 1994.
Film Type:Documentary, Short, Student
The Film Festival
The film is a collection of seven short stories that were shot during seven days of Karlovy Vary International Film Festival. Each story has a different genre and pays its little homage to history and richness of cinema. This unique project captures specific film festival atmosphere and manages to suprise and entertain you during every minute of its half an hour duration.
Runtime:24 minutes 20 seconds
An overworked father, a seductive girl, a maniacal son and "mummy" carefully tied in the back seat.
Film Type:Short, Student
Runtime:17 minutes 50 seconds
Sharing the same dream two young actors embark on a journey filled with desire, determination and disappointment.
When reckless Italian Alessandro meets cautious Englishwoman Celeste at a London acting school, they decide to move together to LA in the hope of striking gold in the Hollywood film industry.
Film Type:Feature, Student
Genres:Comedy, Drama, Romance
Runtime:1 hour 22 minutes 18 seconds
Sebastian is a student grown up in democratic Germany. He has got into in Bulgaria and has been taken prisoner. The young man has been laid to the charge of an "enemy of the state". The student can't escape from his chaser, whatever attempts he makes. Sebastian's escape becomes a racing through his subconsciousness.
Film Type:Short, Student
Runtime:12 minutes 22 seconds
With pressure from his father a older brother decides to start behaving more maturely in order to be a better role model for his younger brother.
Runtime:11 minutes 47 seconds
Completion Date:September 10, 2017
She was young with light eyes
"She was young with light eyes", describe the sentimental training of a man, or better, the conflicting events that mark his feelings. Ironically, it smiles and moves the spectator into a whirl of characters and real and surreal situations, in which everyone can recognize his part of "X" (the protagonist).
Runtime:1 hour 27 minutes
As It Seems
Annette, a 1960's suburban housewife, comes face to face with her worst nightmare: the fear that her pretty (and youthful) maid, Mona, has seduced her husband, and may be plotting against her. Her fears are reinforced when their actions appear to be more and more suspicious. When decorating her home for a holiday party, she confides in her best friend, Shelley, who supports her suspicions and encourages Annette to act. At the party, Annette watches her husband give Mona a tin of cookies, and Mona flirtatiously laugh at his jokes. Finally pushed to the edge, Annette makes a decision from which there is no turning back. The result is the unraveling of the life she has created for herself, and the realization that not everything is as it seems.
Runtime:19 minutes 29 seconds
2037, Polignano a Mare, a southern Italian gem. Most of its population now is foreign, so that English is the spoken language there and even the name of that small town has been turned into Polineano. On a warm spring day, the life of a British family, which owns one of the most beautiful houses in the old town, is shaken by the arrival of an elderly apulian man, seriously affected by Alzheimer, followed by his grandson.
The little boy soon discovers that this wonderful home, which he had never even heard of, just once belonged to his grandfather.
FERRUCCIO story of a (little) robot
Duccio is an inventor by vocation, and in his home workshop tries an exceptional challenge. Thanks to his determination and a bit of magic, a short circuit will create Ferruccio, a robot created by assembling contraptions that has been recycled.
Runtime:6 minutes 30 seconds
The Children's Mayor
Yassine, an ambitious 11-year-old Moroccan-Dutch boy, wants to get rid of prejudice. That's why he became a children's mayor. In The Netherlands, Moroccan people have a bad name. Yassine suffers from this prejudice as well. But he has a marvelous plan to solve this problem.
Film Type:Documentary, Short
Runtime:15 minutes 15 seconds
CALL FOR FUN
This is a comedy based on a father – son story. It is about a smart college kid learning the hard facts about real business and coming out triumphant. It is a ‘coming of age’ film - about a smart college kid learning about business life, the hard way and coming out triumphant. It is a naughty look at the present day youth, who still have their Indian values intact.
Runtime:2 hours 6 minutes
It's a Flawed Circle
Who's Jane? Theo, in search of his place in the world, will try to discover the true identity of the girl. But many secrets and ancient grudges will come to light...
Genres:Comedy, young adults
Runtime:1 hour 48 minutes 57 seconds
TENDENCY TO LOVE
London surgeon Michael Lawrence, remains broken hearted after losing his family. Seeking solace, he holidays in Milan and meets Sofia. Their connection is instant and set for romance until her situation is fully revealed. Unable to cope with the truth Michael returns to the UK and buries himself in work to forget his heartache. A year passes yet Michael is unresolved, until guided by a trusted friend to feel his 'tendency to love'.
Film Type:Short, Other
Runtime:22 minutes 5 seconds
Window Channel Network takes you on a four-minute journey to some of the planet's most spectacular glaciers, waterfalls, beaches, rivers and waterways. Destinations include, Iceland, Igauzu Falls Brazil, Atchafalaya Basin Louisiana, Lake Tahoe California, Black Canyon of the Gunnison Colorado, and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. Music score "Reminiscence" by Wieland Reisssmann and Peter Simmer.
Runtime:4 minutes 8 seconds
The Body as Archive
The Body as Archive is a documentary film based on research that considers ways in which the dancer’s body can be regarded as archive. A few hypotheses are intended as a frame of its research; is the body of a dancer only a repository of forms of usage?
Runtime:48 minutes 58 seconds
Shinrin-Yoku (forest bathing)
Forest bathing is the practice of taking a short, leisurely visit to a forest for health benefits. The practice originated in Japan where it is called shinrin-yoku (森林浴).
Runtime:6 minutes 5 seconds
08 june '76
One day, in late spring of 1976, the group "Brigate Rosse" killed three men of state: the judge Francesco Coco, his driver Antioco Deiana and his security guard Giovanni Saponara. That day, the breaking news quickly reported the terrible events occurred in Genoa. Angela, the guard's wife, and Luigi, his firstborn, listened the news...
Runtime:16 minutes 31 seconds
Albert and Marta, both in their late 70s, live across the street
from one another in a bustling section of Berlin's Mitte district.
Every day at 9am, the two neighbors meet - each in their perspective windows - to watch the world unfold below them. One morning, the clock strikes nine but there is no sign of Albert.
Runtime:20 minutes 26 seconds
Boston in the 1920s. A young East Coast debutante is dating the most eligible bachelor in the world, John D. Rockefeller III. Her future seems set: a dream life in the upper echelons of society. But when she least expects it, she meets a young painter from one of the most beautiful places on Earth, the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Their worlds are polar opposites. As their attraction turns their lives upside down, they soon face a universal question: Can you find "home" in another person? Inspired by a true story.
Runtime:1 hour 52 minutes